Photo Credit: http://www.doublehorserecipe.com/paalappam/
||8.3 / 10 (8 votes)|
- 2 Cups rice flour
- 3 tbsp Semolina
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Coconut
- 1 tsp Yeast
- Salt as required
How to make Palappam:
- Fry the rice flour, set aside.
- Take a small vessel and add lukewarm water to the yeast and sugar and keep it till it rises, be careful not to add the hot water as the yeast will not rise.
- Combine the semolina with water and boil till it becomes thick, let it to cool.
- When it becomes cool, combine this mixture to the rice flour and mix well.
- Add minimum amount of water while mixing the flour.
- Mix it until it becomes very soft dough, keep it aside overnight.
- Take the dough and add coconut milk and salt to it, mix well until it gets a loose consistency.
- Make appams using a special utensil Appachatti.