Panchratni Dal Recipe
|Panchratni Dal Recipe|
||7.0 / 10 (4 votes)|
- ¼ cup Red Lentils (Masoor Dal)
- ¼ cup Toovar Dal (Arhar Dal)
- ¼ cup Black Lentils (Urad Dal)
- ¼ cup Whole Green Gram (Moong Dal)
- ¼ cup Split Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)
- 2 Onions, chopped lengthwise
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 2 Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- A pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- ½ cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
How to make Panchratni Dal:
- In a bowl, mix together all the five types of dal and wash them properly.
- Now pressure cook the dals with water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds and asafetida to it. As soon as the seeds sputter, add onions and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Now, add the chopped green chillies and ginger.
- Sauté for two more minutes and then add the cooked dal.
- Immediately add garam masala, cumin seed powder, tomato puree and cook for some time.
- Stir well and cover the pan so that the dal absorbs the flavour of spices.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.