Paneer Koftas In Spinach Sauce Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.paaka-shaale.com/2013/05/bread-and-paneer-kofta-in-spinach-sauce.html
|Paneer Koftas In Spinach Sauce Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
- For Spinach Sauce
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach Leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Bay Leaves (Tej Patta)
- 3 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Paneer, grated
- 2 Potatoes, boiled
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts, broken
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour/Plain Flour
- Oil (as required)
- Salt to taste
How to make Paneer Koftas In Spinach Sauce:
- For the koftas, take the boiled potatoes in a bowl and mash them properly. Add garam masala, corn flour/plain flour, cashew nuts, grated paneer and salt to it. Mix well.
- Now, rub both your palms with a little oil. This would help you to make round balls of the mixture, without it sticking to your palms.
- Make small round balls using the mixture.
- Take some oil in the pan and heat it. Fry the balls prepared in the oil, till they turn brown. Keep aside the fried kofta balls.
- Now, take water in a bowl and boil it. Add spinach leaves and blanch them.
- Blend the blanched spinach leaves, tomatoes, garlic, onion, ginger and 1/2 cup water in a mixer. Mix until a fine paste is formed.
- Heat butter in a kadhai (pan) and add the bay leaves. Sauté for a while and then pour the fine paste. Now, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and chopped corianders.
- Keep stirring continuously, so that the masala does not stick to the kadhai.
- Sauté till the oil separates from the masala. Now, add powdered cashew nuts and salt in the fried masala and mix well.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of water into the fried masala.
- When it starts boiling, slowly add the kofta balls into it.
- Lower the heat and allow the kofta balls to be cooked with the sauce for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Enjoy the yummy paneer kofta in spinach sauce with parathas or rice.