Papaya Preserve Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mrswheelbarrow.com/2012/04/tropical-fruit-preserves/
|Papaya Preserve Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 2 cup Sugar
- 500 g Papaya (half-ripe)
- 2-3 drops Green Food Coloring
- 1 tsp Citric Acid
How to make Papaya Preserve:
- Peel the papaya and remove the seeds.
- Cut papaya into big pieces.
- Boil the papaya pieces till tender.
- In a pan, mix sugar with one cup of water.
- When the sugar dissolves completely, add citric acid and boil this mixture for two to three minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and strain.
- Reheat this mixture with papaya and a few drops of food coloring
- Cook over low heat, till the syrup strings a thread.
- Remove from heat, cool and store in a bottle.