Photo Credit: http://www.hintofsaffron.com/2011/04/05/papdi-chaat/
||9.8 / 10 (6 votes)|
- 1/4 kg Maida(all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp Mustard oil
- 1/2 kg Besan
- 1 tsp Dry fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 tsp Salt
How to make Papri:
- Combine besan, red chili powder, salt and oil. Mix well.
- Make dough and knead it properly for about five minutes.
- Add fenugreek leaves and again knead for three minutes.
- On high heat, heat oil in a frying pan.
- Smear your palm with little oil.
- Roll out a long strip (one inch thick) from the dough.
- Divide the roll into pieces of one inch each.
- Flatten these pieces into a round shape.
- Dust them lightly with maida.
- Fry on low flame till golden yellow in color.
- Remove using a sieve and drain the oil.