Paruppu Urandai Kozhambu Recipe
|Paruppu Urandai Kozhambu Recipe|
|Rating||8.7 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 3/4 Cup gram dal
- 1 Diced onion
- 3 Dry red chillies
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Saunf
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Cup grated coconut (optional)
- Salt to taste
How to make Paruppu Urandai Kozhambu:
- Soak gram dal in water for a couple of hours.
- Grind it to a very coarse mix, adding red chillies, saunf and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Make small lime sized balls from the mixture and steam them in idli plates in a pressure cooker.
- Take a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the onions and saute for a while.
- Add coriander powder, chilli and turmeric powders and fry for few minutes adding water.
- Now add the steamed dal balls with this and cook for few minutes.
- Grind the grated coconut with some water to form a fine paste and add to the kozhambu.
- Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu is ready to serve.