Parval Preserve Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/parval-preserve-oetli1cbfdfce.html
|Parval Preserve Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
- 300 g Sugar
- 1 kg Parvals (Pointed Gourds)
- 2-3 drops Orange color
- 1/2 tsp Saffron Strands
- 1 tsp Cardamom Seeds
- Golden Foil
How to make Parval Preserve:
- Start with peeling the parvals. Next, slit them to remove seeds.
- Now, parboil parvals in 4-5 cups of water. Once done, drain the water completely
- Add sugar to two cups of water and make thick syrup.
- Next, dissolve saffron strands in 2 tsp hot water.
- Add parvals and cardamoms to sugar syrup and cook over slow fire, until parvals are soft.
- Once done, remove from fire and add saffron syrup.
- Let it cool
- Cover parvals with golden foil and store in airtight container.