Pati Sapta Recipe
Photo Credit: https://tastediary.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/patishapta/
|Pati Sapta Recipe|
- For stuffing
- 3 cups Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Khoya
- 1 cup Sugar/ Date Palm Jaggery
- For batter
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Condensed Milk
- Â½ cup Semolina
- Â¼ cup Rice Flour
- 4 cups Milk
- Ghee to fry
How to make Pati Sapta:
- Take a pan and add grated coconut and sugar to it. Mash the coconut and mix it properly until the mixture becomes a little moist.
- Now turn on the flame and put khoya in the pan. Keep on stirring until the mixture turns a light brown and becomes sticky. Now turn off the flame and remove the pan.
- To make batter, add all-purpose flour, semolina, fine rice flour in a vessel and mix them.
- Occasionally add milk to make the consistency of the batter a little thin and smooth.
- Heat a frying pan and smear a little oil/ghee on it.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour it on the frying pan. Evenly distribute the batter in a circle.
- When one side is cooked, flip over and put the stuffing lengthwise at the centre of the circle.
- Fold and let it cook until it turns a little brown in color. Put off the flame.
- Take it out, dash a tbsp of condensed milk on it.
- Pati Sapta is ready to serve.