Peanut Butter Tarts Recipe
|Peanut Butter Tarts Recipe|
||65 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- ½ cup Shortening
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 12 miniature chocolate covered Peanut Butter Cups (unwrapped)
- 1 cup frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
How to make Peanut Butter Tarts:
- Combine shortening, brown sugar and white sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well to cream the contents.
- Add egg and peanut butter. Stir well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Grease a mini muffin pan lightly.
- Divide the dough into walnut size balls.
- Place the balls in muffin cups and flatten them lightly on top.
- Bake the muffins for about 8 to 10 minutes till they turn light brown.
- Unwrap the mini peanut butter cups.
- Press the peanut butter cups into the center of the cookie tarts while still hot.
- Let the cookies cool and remove from the pan.
- Pipe whipped topping into the center of the peanut butter cup using a pastry bag.