Peerkangai Kootu Recipe
|Peerkangai Kootu Recipe|
- 2 Medium size ridge gourds
- 1/4 Cup toor dal
- 1/2Cup moong dal
- 1 Medium size onion
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 Medium size tomato
- 2 Green chillis
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Oil as required
- 1/4 tsp Tamarind concentrate
- Salt for taste
How to make Peerkangai Kootu:
- Cut ridge gourd into round pieces.
- Take oil in a pressure pan and fry moong dal for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the thoor dal with it, pour 1 glass water and cook for about 1 whistle.
- Add the gourd pieces, green chilli, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt to the dal.
- Cook the dal until ridge gourd becomes soft.
- Take a kadai and heat oil.
- Add the cumin seeds and fry until splutter.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until golden brown.
- Combine the chopped tomato with it and cook for about 6 to7 minutes.
- Add the dal to the kadai and cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tamarind to the Peerkangai Kootu and serve.