Peppered Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cracked-black-pepper-shrimp-alfredo-126730.aspx
|Peppered Shrimp Alfredo Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 8 ounces Penne Pasta
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- ½ pound Portobello Mushrooms (diced)
- 1 pound medium Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo Sauce
- ½ cup Romano Cheese (grated)
- ½ cup Cream
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or more to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup Parsley (chopped)
How to make Peppered Shrimp Alfredo:
- Pour water in a large pot and add some salt. Boil the water.
- Add the penne pasta and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or till tender.
- Remove from heat and drain the pasta. Set aside.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and melt butter and olive oil.
- Add onion and stir until soft and translucent, say for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook on medium-high heat until soft, say for 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cook till it turns firm and pink.
- Add Alfredo sauce, Romano cheese and cream. Simmer while stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add the drained pasta and mix well.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.