Persian Saffron Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mehrsaffron.com/persian-saffron/
|Persian Saffron Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 4 tbsp Sahlab Mixture
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Saffron Threads
- 2 tbsp Rose Water
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Pista
- ½ inch Mastic (grounded)
How to make Persian Saffron:
- Dissolve the saffron in rose water.
- Line the parchment paper in a pan and pour into whipping cream. Refrigerate it.
- Take sahlab with 1 cup milk in a bowl and mix it until it is smooth.
- Put remaining milk with cream, sugar in a pan and get it to boil.
- Mix in sahlab mixture with salt, saffron, mastic and get it to boil again. Then simmer it stirring continuously for 10-15 min on low flame until it thickens. Next take it off heat and let it cool.
- Transfer the mixture to ice cream machine and process it according to the instructions.
- Split the frozen cream into pieces and put it in the ice cream. Add on pista. Operate the machine for another 20 sec.
- Pour the processed ice cream in a plastic jar and refrigerate it covered for 1 hr.
- Serve it chilled.