Peshwari Naan Recipe
|Peshwari Naan Recipe|
|Rating||8.5 / 10 (8 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 500 gm Plain flour
- 250 ml Milk
- 200 ml Water
- 1 Egg
- 25 gm Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp Ground almonds
- 2 tbsp Thick plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp Sultanas
- 5 tbsp Clarified butter, for frying
- 1/2 tsp Salt
How to make Peshwari Naan:
- Mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add milk, water, egg, butter, yogurt, sugar and stir till the mixture becomes smooth dough.
- Tip out onto a floured board and knead in the sultanas and almonds.
- Make 8 balls from the dough, put it on a floured baking sheet and press out into naan shapes.
- Leave them for about 15 minutes.
- Take a frying pan and put it over a medium heat.
- Add a tbsp of clarified butter.
- Cook the naans (put one at a time for about one minute on each side) till golden and puffed up.
- Serve them with curry.