Pindi Chana Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/pindi-chana/
|Pindi Chana Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 1 cup Chickpeas (Kabuli Chana, soaked overnight)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 Green Chilies (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Cumin (grounded)
- 2 inch of Ginger (shredded)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tbsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tbsp Garam Masala
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves (fresh and chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (Fresh)
How to make Pindi Chana :
- Boil chickpeas in cooker for 20 minutes with salt. Ensure it is soft.
- Keep 1 cup water, drain remaining.
- Take a frying pan and sauté ginger-garlic and green chilies for 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and chili powder with tomatoes.
- Cook till oil separates from mixture.
- Add chickpeas with half of coriander leaves, reserved water of chickpeas and salt. Lower the heat.
- Cook until water gets absorbed.
- Add garam masala and sprinkle onion and ginger.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon.
Serve with Poori.