Pineapple Pachadi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.keralarecipes.co.in/recipe/pachadi/
|Pineapple Pachadi Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
- 2 Cups pineapple pieces (approx 1/2")
- 3/4 Cup grated coconut
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- 1 red Chilly
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Cup water
- Salt as per taste
- For Seasoning:
- 1/4 tsp Urad dal
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 green Chilies, slit
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
How to make Pineapple Pachadi:
- Put mustard, chilly and cumin seeds in a pot and grind.
- Make a fine paste of grated coconut.
- Mix coconut and chilly paste.
- Put pineapple pieces in a pan, add water, turmeric, salt and boil.
- Cook the pieces to tender, add sugar and stir the mixture.
- Cook till required consistency (like a syrup).
- Add the coconut paste to the mixture and remove from fire.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and add urad dal followed by mustard seeds.
- After seeds splutter add green chilies and curry leaves
- Add the above in the pineapple mixture and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove and add chopped coriander leaves to garnish.