Photo Credit: http://iml-erasmus.wikispaces.com/The+Basque+Country
||5 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Spanish Onion (chopped)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 Anaheim Peppers (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 1/4 tsp Sugar (granulated)
- 1 (15 oz) can Tomatoes (petite-diced)
How to make Piperade:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, placed over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, peppers, garlic, salt, paprika, black pepper, and sugar for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add tomatoes to the cooked vegetables. Allow the mixture to simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or till most of the liquid evaporates and the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.