||Non Veg. |
- For Pastry:
- 3 Cup plain flour
- 180 gm Butter cut in cubes
- 1/2 Lemon, juice of
- 1 Pinch salt
- 6 tbsp Water
- 90 gm Canned anchovy fillets
- 1 Kg onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 Cup pitted black olives
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 3 Ripe tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
How to make Pissaladiere:
- To prepare the pastry, Sift the flour and salt into small bowl and massage in butter till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add water and lemon juice to the flour mixture to form the dough.
- Turn on to a floured surface and knead lightly till soft.
- Wrap dough in the plastic wrap and chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a big pan and cook onions gently without browning till they are almost a puree for about 40 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to it.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and make a big circle to line a slightly greased 30 cm pizza tray.
- Prick all over with a fork and bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and cover the pastry with the onions, pressing them down a bit.
- Now cover up the onions with the tomatoes, overlapping them.
- Drain the anchovies, reserving the oil, and cut each fillet in half lengthways.
- Create a lattice pattern of anchovy strips over the filling and decorate the holes in the lattice with halved black olives.
- Sprinkle tart with reserved anchovy oil and grind as much pepper over the top as desired.
- Reduce the oven to 375 degrees F and bake Pissaladiera about 15 minutes or till pastry is crisp and golden.