Plum and Apple Chutney Recipe
Photo Credit: http://learn.eartheasy.com/2012/10/how-to-make-apple-plum-chutney/
|Plum and Apple Chutney Recipe|
- 3 lbs Plums (cleaned, seeded and cut in half)
- 1 Apple (peeled, seeded and cut in ½-inch chunks)
- ¾ cup Blueberries/ Cherries (dried)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 Hot Green Pepper (such as jalapeno, Korean or Hatch, chopped)
- 1 Lemon (sliced thinly and cut in quarters)
- 1½ cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Coriander (ground)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp Salt
How to make Plum and Apple Chutney:
- Place a large saucepan on fire and add plums, apple, blueberries, garlic, green pepper, lemon, sugar, cider vinegar, coriander, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix well and boil the mixture.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for an hour till the mixture reduces to half its quantity.
- Sterilize jam jars and lids.
- Pour the preparation into jars and seal them.
- Process the jars into boiling water bath for 30 minutes.