Plum Frangipane Tart Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.thelittleloaf.com/2013/01/03/drunken-plum-frangipane-tart/
|Plum Frangipane Tart Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||70 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 7 oz Almond Paste
- ½ (15 oz) package refrigerated Pie Crusts (one crust)
- 1 lb Plums (cut into 8 wedges each)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
How to make Plum Frangipane Tart:
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Place the almond paste between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Roll the paste into an 8-inch diameter circle using a rolling pin.
- Place a pie crust on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Remove the almond paste from the plastic wrap and place it in the center of the pie crust.
- Arrange the plum wedges on the almond paste carefully.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Fold the edges of the pie crust over the plums.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 °F and bake for another 25 minutes till the crust is lightly browned and the plums turn juicy and tender.
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack and allow the pie to cool.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.