Plump Pea Dumplings Recipe
|Plump Pea Dumplings Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 10 ounces Peas (packed frozen or freshly shelled)
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 2/3 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 48 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Lemon (zest)
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt (fine grain)
How to make Plump Pea Dumplings:
- Add peas to boiling water, mixed with salt, in a saucepan of medium size.
- Cook for a minute or less, until peas become inflated and bright green in color.
- Then for a minute, drain peas under cold water.
- Blend peas, olive oil, shallot, ricotta cheese and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Then mix this puree with lemon zest and parmesan cheese and add salt as per requirement.
- Use this mixture to fill the wonton wrappers. Follow the instructions on the package carefully, using a dozen wrappers at a time and filling and folding them in assembly line.
- With this, you have your dumplings ready.
- Once the dumplings are filled, gently brush them with olive oil and arrange in a line, being careful not to let them overlap.
- Steam for about 3 to 5 minutes, until dumplings are translucent and tender.
- Sprinkle salt and serve.