Polish Coffee Cake Recipe
|Polish Coffee Cake Recipe|
||60 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 (0.25 oz) packages Active Dry Yeast
- ¼ cup Warm Water (110 °F/ 45 °C)
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 cup Butter
- 10 Eggs (beaten)
- 1½ cups White Sugar
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- ¼ tsp Orange Extract
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 10 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- For Topping:
- ½ cup Butter (cubed)
- 2/3 cup White Sugar
How to make Polish Coffee Cake:
- Mix yeast with warm water in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve the yeast and leave it for 10 minutes until creamy.
- Pour milk in a small saucepan and heat it until it starts bubbling.
- Remove from heat and add butter to it. Mix until the butter has melted and allow it to cool till lukewarm.
- Beat eggs and white sugar in a large bowl.
- Add nutmeg, orange extract, vanilla extract and yeast mixture.
- Add 3 cups of flour, salt and 1/3 cup of milk mixture. Mix well.
- Add the remaining flour and milk mixture in two installments. Mix.
- Cover the bowl and set it aside for 45 minutes until the batter has doubled.
- Take a small bowl and mix together ½ butter with 2/3 cup white sugar. Mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease 3 10-inch bundt pans lightly.
- Divide the batter into the greased pans.
- Sprinkle the butter topping over the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.