Polish Doughnuts Recipe
|Polish Doughnuts Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 (0.6 oz) cake compressed fresh Yeast
- 3 tbsp Warm Water (110 °F/45 °C)
- 1 tsp White Sugar
- 3 cups Milk
- ¾ cup Margarine
- 5 Egg Yolks
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- 8 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 8 cups Shortening (for frying)
- ¼ cup White Sugar
How to make Polish Doughnuts:
- Place yeast in a medium bowl and mash it.
- Add warm water and 1 tsp white sugar. Mix well until the mixture turns colorless. Leave it aside to rise and turn spongy.
- Pour milk in a saucepan and heat well.
- Remove from heat and add margarine. Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Beat the egg yolks in a separate bowl until fluffy.
- Add ¾ cup white sugar and mix well.
- Add the cooled milk mixture and beat till foamy.
- Add yeast mixture and stir well.
- Add flour in parts and beat after each addition.
- Thereafter, beat the mixture to form thick and springy dough. Add enough flour to form soft dough as too much addition will result in hard doughnuts.
- Cover the dough and allow it to rise to double its size.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Shape each ball into a doughnut.
- Flour waxed paper.
- Place the balls on waxed paper and let hem rise until doubled.
- Place a deep-fryer on fire and heat the shortening to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Fry the doughnuts till they turn brown on both sides.
- Remove and roll them into ¼ white sugar. Cool them.
- Serve cooled.