Polish Egg Bread Recipe
|Polish Egg Bread Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 5 packages Active Dry Yeast
- 2 cups Lukewarm Water (divided)
- 1 quart Whole Milk (scalded)
- 1 cup Butter (cut into pieces)
- 7 tsp Salt
- 10 Whole Eggs (room temperature)
- 5 pounds Bread Flour
- 1½ cups Superfine Sugar
How to make Polish Egg Bread:
- Take one cup of lukewarm water and dissolve the yeast packages in it.
- Pour milk in a small saucepan and boil it.
- One it starts boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the milk from heat and add the remaining 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Add butter and salt. Stir well to blend the ingredients.
- Cool the mixture and add in dissolved yeast.
- Take another bowl and beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir these eggs in the milk mixture.
- Gradually, add bread flour and mix well to form dough, ensuring that no lumps are remaining.
- Divide the dough into two parts.
- Leave the dough aside in a warm place for 1½ hours, to allow it to rise.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (165 °C).
- Roll out the dough onto a well-floured surface and divide it into 6 equal portions.
- Further divide each portion into 3 pieces.
- Braid 3 pieces together and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the dough in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until you can hear a hollow-sound when the bread is tapped from top.