Polish Sweet Bread Recipe
|Polish Sweet Bread Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||7.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1½ cups Milk
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Bread Flour
- 3 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Bread Flour
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
How to make Polish Sweet Bread:
- Pour milk in a small saucepan and heat it until it starts bubbling.
- Remove from heat and add 4 tbsp butter. Stir until the butter has melted. Keep it aside until it cools to lukewarm.
- Pour the milk mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, white sugar, bread flour, yeast and salt. Mix well to form smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and keep it aside for about 45 minutes until the dough has risen to twice its amount.
- Deflate the dough and turn it to a floured surface.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces.
- Form each piece into a bread loaf.
- Lightly grease 2 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to °F (175 °C).
- Place the loaves in the greased pans.
- Cover the pans with a damp cloth and allow them to rise in double, for about 40 minutes.
- To make the crumb topping, mix white sugar, brown sugar and flour in a small bowl.
- Add butter and mix to form coarse crumbs. Keep aside.
- Make the brushing by mixing egg and water.
- Brush the risen loaves with egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the loaves.
- Bake the loaves for 30 minutes till they turn golden brown.