Pork Cake Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.food.com/recipe/pork-n-beans-cake-spice-cake-easy-322148
|Pork Cake Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||70 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Salt Pork (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Molasses
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp ground Cloves
How to make Pork Cake:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pork in a large bowl and pour boiling water. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Mix baking soda with molasses until dissolved and add to the pork salt.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from ove, slice and serve.