Portuguese Baked Beans Recipe
Photo Credit: http://cookingwithelise.com/portuguese-baked-beans/
|Portuguese Baked Beans Recipe|
||5 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
- 1 packet Small White Navy Beans
- 1 pound Chourico (cut into small pieces)
- Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 (16 oz.) can Tomato Sauce
How to make Portuguese Baked Beans:
- Take enough water in a bowl and soak the beans overnight.
- Marinate the Chourico pieces in wine overnight.
- Rinse the beans and place them in a non-reactive pan.
- Add the Chourico and onion and cover with water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until they are cooked well.
- Remove from the oven and stir in tomato sauce as per your requirement.
- Keep it back in the oven and bake until all the liquid has been absorbed.