Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe
|Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1¾ pound Broccoli (thick stems peeled and diced, tops cut into small florets)
- 1½ pound Boiling Potatoes (about 5, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 3 cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (canned)
- 3 cups Water
- 1¾ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- ½ cup Parmesan (grated)
How to make Potato Broccoli Soup:
- Place a large pot on moderately low heat and melt butter.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, broccoli stems, potatoes, chicken broth, water, salt and pepper. Boil the mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Pour the contents in a food processor and puree the soup.
- Return to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add broccoli florets and simmer till they turn tender for about 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of the grated Parmesan cheese into the soup. Stir well.
- Garnish the soup with remaining cheese and serve hot.