Potato Podimas Recipe
Photo Credit: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uVzXvPXv3sg/T9jNCP9sydI/AAAAAAAAD2Q/PxYtzK4lheA/s1600/IMAG0530-1.jpg
|Potato Podimas Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
- 500 g Potatoes
- 25 g Cashew Nuts
- 2 tbsp Refined Oil
- ½ tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)
- 1 inch Ginger (chopped finely)
- 1 Green Chili (slit)
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- Few leaves of Green Coriander (chopped)
- 1/2 Lemon (juice)
How to make Potato Podimas:
- Parboil the potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes and mash them. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the cashew nuts until golden. Remove and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil and add the mustard seeds.
- When they splutter, add the Bengal gram, ginger and green chili. Sauté till the gram turns golden.
- Add in the mashed potatoes, salt, fried cashew nuts and turmeric powder. Stir for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from fire and add in the chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with chapattis, puris or plain rice.