Prawn Balchao Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.orthogonalthought.com/blog/index.php/2009/03/what-i-ate-march-5-2009-crossroads-cafe-amber-india/
|Prawn Balchao Recipe|
||5.3 / 10 (4 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1/2 kg Headless prawns, deveined, shelled and cleaned
- 4 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 1 Sprig curry leaves
- 4 Onions, finely chopped
- Sugar, salt and vinegar to taste
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Make fine paste of:
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns
How to make Prawn Balchao:
- Mix a pinch of turmeric powder and some salt.
- Rub the cleaned prawns with this mixture. Leave aside for five minutes
- Wash the prawns well and drain.
- Apply the above prepared fine paste into the prawns and leave aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and add in the curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped onions and fry on medium flame till the onions turn light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till the oil starts leaving the sides of pan.
- Now add the prawns and marinade and fry briefly. Stir occasionally.
- Add green chillies, sugar, salt and vinegar to taste. Mix well.
- Put a lid and simmer on low flame for about ten minutes.
- Remove from the heat when prawns are well cooked.
- Serve with bread slices or chilled Kokum in Yoghurt.