Prune Mousse Recipe
|Prune Mousse Recipe|
- 8 oz (225 g) Dried Prunes
- 1 pint (500 ml) Black Tea
- Sugar (to taste)
- Rind of ½ Lemon
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ pint (300 ml) Prune Juice
- ½ oz (10 g) Gelatin
- 2 to 3 tbsp Lightly Whipped Cream
- 1 Egg White
How to make Prune Mousse:
- Pour black tea in a bowl and soak the prunes overnight.
- Pour the tea, along with the prunes, in a saucepan.
- Add sugar and lemon rind. Mix well and simmer until the contents get tender.
- Pass the contents through a sieve, into a bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Puree the drained prunes.
- Place the prune juice in a saucepan and gently heat.
- Add gelatin and stir to dissolve it.
- Add in the prune puree and drained lemon juice.
- If required, add a little sugar.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Whisk the egg white to form a firm snow.
- Fold in the whipped cream and whisk well.
- Add the cream into the prune mixture.
- Pour it into a soufflé dish or wet mould.
- Allow the mousse to set.
- Serve chilled.