Photo Credit: https://sabithavantalu.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/temple-pulihora/
||7.5 / 10 (10 votes)|
- 2 Cups boiled rice
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seed
- 1/4 Cup peanuts, coarsely pounded
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Stalk curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh coconut, grated
- 2-3 Pinches asafoetida
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Pulihore:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and urad dal. Allow them to splutter.
- Add peanuts and fry for two minutes.
- Add finely chopped onions, curry leaves, green chillies, and asafoetida.
- Fry until onions become light brown.
- Add boiled rice, coconut, turmeric, coriander, lemon, and salt.
- Stir to mix well.
- Put a lid and cook till steaming hot.
- Pulihore is ready to serve.