Photo Credit: http://www.spicytasty.com/rice-dishes/puliyodharai/
||9.3 / 10 (4 votes)|
- 5 Lemon sized tamarind balls
- 2 Cups rice
- 2 Cups peanut
- 5 Red chillies
- 2 Green chillies
- 4 Inch piece of ginger
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Chana daal
- 2 tsp Sambar powder
- 1/2 Cup curry leaves
- 1/2 Cup gingelly oil
- 4 tsp Salt
How to make Puliodarai:
- Soak tamarind in warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Pass through a strainer to obtain the pulp.
- Boil the rice.
- Spread this rice in a large utensil and let it cool.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it.
- Add mustard, daal, sambar powder, chilles, ginger, asafoetida, tamarind pulp, turmeric and salt.
- If the pulp is very thick, add 1/2 cup water.
- Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Now combine peanuts and curry leaves with it.
- When the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan, remove it from the fire.
- Now add this mixture to the rice and mix it gently without crushing the rice.
- If it is too dry, add some heated gingelly oil to the rice to separate it.
- Now the Puliyo Darai is ready to serve.