Pumpkin And Sausage Soup Recipe
|Pumpkin And Sausage Soup Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- ½ pound Andouille Sausage (diced)
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1¼ cups Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 1½ pounds Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Praline Liqueur
- 7 cups Chicken Stock
- ½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 3/8 cup Heavy Cream
How to make Pumpkin And Sausage Soup:
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a skillet and cook sausage for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and cook further till it turns soft.
- Add thyme and pumpkin puree. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add liqueur, chicken broth and brown sugar.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender in small batches.
- Return the soup back to the skillet and add in heavy cream and remaining 2 tbsp butter. Warm the soup but do not boil it.
- Serve warm immediately.