Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
|Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe|
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 (8 oz) can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Bourbon
How to make Pumpkin Ice Cream:
- Combine together pumpkin puree and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk the blend well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Place a 2-quart saucepan on medium heat and mix 1½ cups of heavy cream with ½ cup of brown sugar.
- Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes till bubbles start forming around the edges of the pan.
- Combine egg yolks, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, remaining ½ cup cream and remaining ¼ cup brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix well till the mixture turns smooth.
- Remove the cream mixture from heat and add ½ cup of the mixture to the egg mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the pan.
- Cook on medium heat while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Simmer the custard till it turns thick enough to cover the back of the spoon, for about 4 to 6 minutes. Do not boil the mixture.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Place the bowl of custard into the ice water and stir occasionally to cool the mixture.
- Mix the pumpkin mixture into the custard.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least hours or up to 24 hours to chill it.
- Transfer the custard into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Add the bourbon in the last minute of churning the custard.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe container.
- Cover the container and freeze for at least 3 hours or up to 3 days till it is firm.