Pumpkin Roll Recipe
|Pumpkin Roll Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2/3 cup solid pack Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger (ground)
- 1 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
How to make Pumpkin Roll:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease and flour a jellyroll pan.
- Take a large mixing bowl and beat the eggs for 5 minutes.
- Add white sugar, pumpkin puree and lemon juice.
- Add in flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and ginger. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Sprinkle pecans and press them lightly into the batter.
- Bake the batter for 12 to 15 minutes till it springs back when touched.
- Loosen the edges of the cake using a knife.
- Sprinkle two dishtowels with powdered sugar.
- Remove the cake onto the dishtowels.
- Roll the cake and allow it to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Make the filling by mixing confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, butter and cream cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Unroll the cake and spread the filling.
- Re-roll the cake and push aside the dishtowel.
- Place the cake on a long sheet of waxed paper.
- Dust the pumpkin roll with powdered sugar and twist the ends of the waxed paper to form a piece of candy.
- Refrigerate the pumpkin roll overnight.
- Dust with more powdered sugar and slice.
- Serve chilled.