Rum Raisin Ice Cream Recipe
Photo Credit: https://fifthfloorkitchen.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/rum-raisin-ice-cream/
|Rum Raisin Ice Cream Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||5 Minutes |
||9.5 / 10 (2 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 cup Raisins
- ¾ cup dark Rum
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 cups Whipping Cream
- 2 cups Milk
How to make Rum Raisin Ice Cream:
- Combine raisins and ½ cup water in a saucepan on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool. Drain.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until the sugar dissolves and mixture turns thick and pale yellow. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, scald cream and milk.
- Pour about ¼ of the hot cream into egg yolks, whisking continuously.
- Add this egg-cream mixture into the remaining cream of the saucepan and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer into serving bowls and cool. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Add raisins and place in the deep fridge.
- Serve when done.