Rava Khichadi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://ponniskitchen.blogspot.in/2013_03_01_archive.html
|Rava Khichadi Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
- 2 cups Rava
- 1 Tomato (finely chopped)
- 2-inch piece Ginger
- 2 cups Vegetables (carrot, beans, peas - half boiled)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion (vertically chopped)
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- ½ tsp Channa Dal
How to make Rava Khichadi:
- First of all, dry roast the rava in a heavy bottomed vessel till it turns into very light brown color.
- Then take a pan and heat with 2 tbsp of oil and then you can add mustered seeds.
- When it begin to splutter, add channa dal, urad dal and curry leaves. Sauté it for few seconds.
- Then gradually add chopped onions, ginger and green chillies. You should Fry till the onions become transparent.
- Then, add tomatoes and sauté them or a min. Then add half boiled vegetables. Combine well.
- Now add 5 cups of water and salt. When it boils add rava and keep stirring till the mix gets thick.
- Serve with coconut chutney.