Photo Credit: http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/2294879-RAVANI
||10 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup unsalted Butter (melted)
- 2 cups Coconut Powder
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4½ cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups Water
- ¾ cup Whipping Cream
How to make Ravani:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Add 1½ cups sugar and butter. Beat until the sugar melts completely.
- Combine flour with coconut powder, baking powder, and vanilla. Gradually add to the egg mixture and mix uniformly.
- Coat a baking pan with some butter and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup by combining water, remaining sugar, and lemon juice on medium heat, boiling for 5 minutes.
- Cool both the prepared mixtures and pour the syrup over the cake thereafter.
- Leave aside for several hours.
- Slice the cake and top with whipping cream.