Red Lentil And Bulgur Soup Recipe
|Red Lentil And Bulgur Soup Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||55 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 5 tbsp Butter
- ¾ tsp Cumin Seed
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 medium Tomatoes
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup dried Red Lentils
- 1/3 cup course Bulgur
- 4 cups Water
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp dried Mint
- ½ tsp Paprika
How to make Red Lentil And Bulgur Soup:
- Place a stockpot on medium flame and melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add cumin, garlic and onion. Sauté and cook till the onion turn soft.
- Blanch the tomatoes and peel them.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Increase the heat to high and add tomato paste. Stir and cook for 3 minutes till the paste has turned dark.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, red lentils, bulgur flour and 4 cups of water. Stir and boil the soup.
- Reduce the flame to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Place a small saucepan on heat and melt the remaining 3 tbsp of butter.
- Remove from heat and add in mint and paprika.
- Ladle soup into soup bowls and drizzle the heated butter.
- Serve hot.