Rhubarb And Strawberry Pie Recipe
|Rhubarb And Strawberry Pie Recipe|
||45 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 pound Fresh Rhubarb (chopped)
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 pints Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Recipe Pastry For A 9 Inch Double Crust Pie
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk
How to make Rhubarb And Strawberry Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar. Add strawberries and chopped rhubarb. Toss with sugar and flour and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Dot top with butter, and cover with top crust. Seal edges of top and bottom crust with water.
- Apply yolk to top of pie, using a pastry brush. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut small holes in top to let steam escape.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and brown. Cool on rack.