Rhubarb Pudding Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3322/rhubarb-steamed-pudding
|Rhubarb Pudding Recipe|
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1½ cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 3 cups Rhubarb (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup Water (boiling)
How to make Rhubarb Pudding:
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in butter.
- Stir in butter milk and blend well.
- Spread evenly in the bottom of the greased dish.
- Make a layer of rhubarb over the batter and then, sprinkle the remaining sugar over it. Dot with the remaining butter.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and pour boiling water over the whole thing.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until the batter is cooked nicely and the rhubarb becomes tender.
- Serve warm or cold.