Rice Bread Recipe
Photo Credit: http://ansonmills.com/recipes/411
|Rice Bread Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 (0.6 oz) cake compressed fresh Yeast
- ¼ cup Warm Water (110 °F /45 °C)
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Margarine
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of Salt
- 4½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup golden Raisins
- 1 tbsp Butter (melted)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 cup White Rice
- 2 cups cold Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
How to make Rice Bread:
- Combine yeast with warm water and stir to dissolve it. Keep aside.
- Scald one cup milk and mix with ½ white sugar and ½ cup margarine. Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Take separate bowl and beat the eggs well.
- Add the beaten eggs, vanilla and salt to the cooled milk mixture. Mix well.
- Add yeast and mix well.
- Add flour and raisins. Knead the mixture to form soft dough.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl. Keep the bowl aside until it rises to double its size.
- Mix together 2 cups of cold milk, ¼ cup white sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- Add rice and boil the mixture.
- Add 1 tbsp butter.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan. Cook for 20 minutes till the rice is done.
- Remove and keep aside to cool the mixture.
- Punch the dough and knead a couple of times.
- Place the dough in the center of a 9x14 inch greased casserole dish.
- Spread the dough throughout the dish by patting it gently. Allow it to rise for 15 minutes.
- Spread the cooked rice on top of the dough.
- Pull the sides of the dough to form an envelope design such that the rice shows in the center.
- Brush the top of the preparation with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon.
- Bake the dough at 350 °F (175 °C) for 30 to 40 minutes till it turns golden.