Rice Kheer Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.divinetaste.com/archives/kheercreamy-rice-pudding/
|Rice Kheer Recipe|
||9.0 / 10 (26 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
- 10 tbsp Sugar
- A few strands of Saffron
- 6 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Cashew Nut (thinly sliced)
How to make Rice Kheer:
- Take milk in a pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame.
- Meanwhile wash the raw rice thoroughly.
- Add the rice into the boiling milk.
- When rice are half cooked, add little water if required.
- Mix sugar and cashew nut pieces with cooked rice.
- Stir continuously until it boils.
- Dissolve saffron in little milk.
- Add it to the cooked mixture with cardamom and raisins. Mix well. Rice kheer is ready to serve.
Soak rice in water for 30 minutes.
Melt ghee in pan, add rice and fry until it is clear.
Add milk to rice and simmer until liquid has been reduced by half.
Add sugar and cook until dissolved.
Add the nuts and simmer for a few minutes.
Remove from heat and serve warm or cold.