Rich Chocolate Cake Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27867/rich+peanut+butter+and+chocolate+cake
|Rich Chocolate Cake Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 150 g Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 4 tbsp Water
- 150 g Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 1¼ cups Almonds (grounded)
- ½ cup Maida
- 2/3 cup Caster Sugar
For The Icing:
- 185 g Dark Chocolate (cut into pieces)
- 2 tbsp Milk
How to make Rich Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. Grease a baking pan.
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Heat chocolate with water in a saucepan on low flame, stirring constantly until melted.
- Whisk butter with sugar in a bowl until creamy and puffy.
- Add hot chocolate and beat nicely.
- Mix in egg yolks and beat again.
- Sift almonds with flour.
- Add to the chocolate mix and whisk thoroughly until well blended.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until firm. Add to the batter and stir well.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Remove and cool.
- Heat dark chocolate with milk in a saucepan until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- Coat the cake with the chocolate icing evenly. Let it set for 2-3 hours.
- Slice and serve.