Photo Credit: http://www.chow.com/recipes/29386-seafood-risotto
||9.3 / 10 (3 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1½ cups Arborio Rice
- 1 lit Chicken Stock
- ½ cup White Wine
- ½ small Onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Italian Parsley, chopped
- Rock Salt
How to make Risotto:
- In a saucepan, heat the stock until it boils. Thereafter, lower the heat so that it remains hot.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heal the oil and add a tablespoon of butter to it. As the butter melts, add onion and sauté until it turns golden yellow.
- Now, add rice to the mixture and stir it so that each of the grain gets coated with oil and butter. Sauté the rice for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook it until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Now, add a serving spoon of hot chicken stock to the rice and stir until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- When the rice is almost dry, add another spoon of stock.
- Repeat the process, but continue to stir, else the mixture might get scorched.
- As the rice cooks, it would release its natural starches, thereby making the mixture creamy in consistency.
- In case you run out of stock, use hot water. Cook until the grains are tender but still firm to the bite, without being crunchy.
- Now, all you need to do is add the remaining 2 tbsp butter, parmesan cheese and the parsley, and season to taste with Rock salt.