Roast Pork Paprika Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.barefeetinthekitchen.com/2011/10/herb-rubbed-sirloin-tip-pork-roast.html
|Roast Pork Paprika Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||80 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 7 cloves Garlic (divided)
- 3 pound boneless Pork Loin Roast
- 1 tsp Salt (divided)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 large Tomatoes (peeled, seeded, and quartered)
- 3 medium Onions (coarsely chopped)
- 2 Celery Ribs (chopped)
- 1 medium Green Pepper (chopped)
- 14.5 oz Beef Broth
- 2 tsp Paprika (divided)
- 1/2 pound fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
How to make Roast Pork Paprika:
- Slice six of the garlic cloves.
- Cut small slits into the roast and insert the garlic slices.
- Then rub the pork with salt and pepper.
- Coat a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and cook the meat until brown on both sides.
- Remove the meat and then spread the mustard over it.
- Place the tomatoes, onions, celery and green pepper in a roasting pan and pour the broth over it.
- Place the roast on top and sprinkle the paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 75 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables and keep the cooking liquid.
- Blend the vegetables with half a cup of cooking liquid until the puree is smooth.
- Then, mix this puree with the remaining cooking liquid. Add water and set aside.
- Melt the butter and cook the mushroom and the garlic until tender.
- Blend in the flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, thyme, salt and paprika and also the vegetable mixture.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Serve this gravy along with the roast.