Roast Pumpkin And Feta Risotto Recipe
|Roast Pumpkin And Feta Risotto Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 3¼ cups Pumpkin (peeled and cubed)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- ½ tsp fresh Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 6 oz Feta Cheese (cubed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups Arborio Rice (short grain rice)
- Water (as required)
How to make Roast Pumpkin And Feta Risotto:
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil.
- Pour water in a steamer to measure 1 inch and boil it.
- Place the pumpkin in the steamer and cover it.
- Cook the pumpkin till it turns tender but is still firm.
- Transfer the pumpkin to the baking dish.
- Brush the pumpkin with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the pumpkin till it turns golden brown.
- Place a saucepan on fire and heat olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic. Sauté till they turn tender.
- Add rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously. Allow the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next batch of broth.
- Cook the mixture till the rice turns tender.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Place feta cheese on a baking sheet and cake till the cheese turns hot and begins to melt along the edges.
- Mash half of the pumpkin cubes and add to the rice preparation.
- Add spinach and mix well.
- Ladle the preparation into bowls.
- Top with the remaining pumpkin cubes and heated feta cheese.