Rogan Josh Recipe
|Rogan Josh Recipe|
|Rating||6.9 / 10 (19 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 lb Lamb, large chunks
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Heeng
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Shonth
- 1/2 Star Anise
- 3 Cloves
- 2 big Cardamom
- 2 small Cardamom
- Salt to taste
How to make Rogan Josh:
- Wash chunks of lamb and drain water well.
- Now, heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- First of all add heeng to the heated oil.
- Then put chunks of lamb in the pressure cooker and stir well.
- Also add clove, cinnamon, powdered big elaichi, zeera. Stir all these ingredients for few minutes.
- After that add red chilli powder, and yogurt and fry it until yogurt changes its color.
- Add shonth, star anise, salt and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover the Pressure cooker with lid and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and open pressure after the pressure has dropped.
- If excess water is seen, then boil till desired consistency is reached.
- To give exotic fragrance to Rogon Josh, sprinkle crushed cumin and small green elaichi on it.
- Your delicious Rogon Josh is ready to serve.