Roquefort Pear Salad Recipe
|Roquefort Pear Salad Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 head Leaf Lettuce (torn)
- 5 oz Roquefort Cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup Green Onions (sliced)
- 3 Pears (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 Avocado (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1 1/2 tsp Prepared Mustard
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp White Sugar
- 1 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
How to make Roquefort Pear Salad:
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.