Roti Telur Recipe
Photo Credit: http://holidaysinmalaysia.org/penang-food-guide/sheikh-usman-gerai-roti-canai/
|Roti Telur Recipe|
||7.3 / 10 (4 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 10 oz All purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup ghee
- 1-2 Red onions, finely chopped
- 4-6 Sprigs cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Egg for each dough sheet
- 2-3 Fresh green or Jalapeno chilies, finely sliced
- 1/2 Cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Roti Telur:
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Mix ghee, add water gradually and knead till the dough is smooth.
- Let the dough rest for about 2 to 3 hrs to soften.
- Make small balls from the dough, oil the work top with ghee and work each ball into a very thin sheet.
- First flatten with oiled palms, now thin it again by pulling the edges.
- Sprinkle the dough sheet with 1 tsp ghee and fold in edges, shape it into a square.
- Now sprinkle a little flour and roll out into a paper-thin rectangular sheet.
- Preheat the griddle or pan, grease it well with ghee.
- When hot, put roti on it.
- Break one egg in the middle of the roti, carefully spread the egg, over the middle portion of it.
- Sprinkle chopped onions, cilantro, chilies, salt and pepper.
- Now fold the edges of the roti dough over, just enough to close the egg mixture in.
- Cook for about 2 to3 minutes until golden brown.
- Lift roti with a spatula, grease the griddle with ghee, and cook the other side.
- Cut it into 2 or 4 pieces.
- Serve hot or cold.